Smiling is the most natural way to look beautiful and feel confident. And although all smiles are beautiful, having little, harmless imperfections in a smile can make people feel insecure in this world of overrated perfectionism.
With the advancement of technology, there are now several cosmetic procedures that can correct your crooked, misshaped, and chipped and eroded teeth, fill in the gaps between the teeth and improve the appearance of your gums. This in turn changes the overall appearance of your smile. These cosmetic dental treatments are minimally invasive and not too costly. And since they use modern techniques, you won’t feel any pain, either.
Below, we have explained what a cosmetic dentist is, and the 5 most common types of cosmetic dental treatments explained along with their benefits, procedure, and cost.
Table Of Contents
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Veneers
- Enamel Abrasion
- Invisalign Braces
- Composite Fillings
1. Teeth Whitening
This teeth enamel treatment is an in-office procedure. Also called teeth bleaching, this method aims to whiten and brighten your teeth. You might need it if you have:
- stained teeth
- yellowish teeth
- discolored teeth
This process may cost between 5,000-13,0000 INR and is performed by a cosmetic dentist. In case you didn’t know what a cosmetic dentist is, they are dentists who specialize in providing treatments aimed at improving the appearance of the teeth and gums.
A teeth whitening procedure involves the following steps:
- The dentist would perform a physical examination of your teeth, looking for microcracks. If these microcracks have penetrated to the core of the tooth, the dentist may fill them before the treatment.
- Your mouth would then be cleaned and polished to remove any debris from your teeth for better results. The dentist may put a gauze pad in your mouth to dry your teeth for better absorption of the whitening agent.
- Retractors would be used to hold your tongue, teeth, and lips in place. The dentist would then cover the front of your teeth with a coating of hydrogen peroxide, the whitening agent.
- The solution is left for half an hour then the mouth is thoroughly washed. After that fluoride varnish is applied to sustain the shine of your teeth.
After the procedure, the discoloration on your teeth would be gone, leaving behind white and bright-looking teeth. Please note that this isn’t a permanent solution and requires maintenance and follow-ups.
2. Dental Veneers
This cosmetic dental procedure involves the use of custom-designed natural-looking shells that cover the frontal side of your teeth. You may need it if you have:
- chipped teeth
- teeth discoloration
- uneven teeth
- teeth gaps
- crooked teeth
The cost of this treatment may range between 5,000-18,000 INR depending on whether the veneers are made of porcelain or composite material. The procedure involves the following steps:
- The dentist would first perform a physical examination by taking intraoral pictures and dental x-rays.
- They would remove a little amount of enamel in case of teeth erosion or uneven teeth, then take your teeth impression on a putty mold or through intraoral scanning.
- The impression is used to make customized veneers. Until they’re ready, the dentist may give you snap-on veneers that are a temporary solution.
- Once your veneers are ready, they’ll be cemented and adjusted on your teeth. The dentist would perform a bite check before binding it permanently to your teeth and washing your mouth.
Dental veneers are permanent means to hide your uneven, crooked, or chipped teeth and improve the overall appearance of your smile.
3. Enamel Abrasion
The treatment of eroded teeth involves the removal of a few layers of the enamel. You may need this cosmetic dental procedure if you have:
- uneven teeth
- misshapen teeth
- teeth discoloration
The cost of this type of cosmetic dental treatment may range between 5,000-13,000 INR. The following steps are involved in the process:
- The dentist would perform a physical examination to determine how much of the enamel needs to be removed.
- The dentist would then wash your teeth with acidic abrasive agents that will gently break down and loosen the cells of the enamel.
- Then, rubbing gently, the dentist would scrape and remove equal amounts of enamel from all sides and, finally, wash your mouth.
This is a pain-free teeth enamel treatment that can remove years of stain and debris collected on your teeth. Also, it will help reshape your teeth, giving your smile a clean and well-aligned appearance.
4. Invisalign Braces
This new cosmetic dental treatment method is a natural-looking alternative to metal braces. It uses changeable and customized braces made of BPA-free plastic. You can get Invisalign braces if you have:
- misaligned teeth
- crooked teeth
- teeth gaps
The cost of this procedure varies between 1.3-3.6 lacs INR. The exact cost depends upon expertise and location of the dentist, and the number of teeth to be treated. This cosmetic dental procedure involves the following steps:
- The dentist would begin with a physical examination including dental x-rays and intraoral pictures.
- They would take an imprint of your teeth and dental structure on a putty mold or through intraoral scanning.
- The imprints would be used to determine the extent of the unevenness of your teeth. Personalized Invisalign braces would be made in the lab-based on alignment needed by your teeth.
- Once ready, you can put on the braces and change them regularly as prescribed by the dentist.
- Once your teeth are straightened and aligned as required, your dentist would ask you to wear retainers for a few weeks or months to retain the changes.
Invisalign braces are subtle, almost not noticeable, and give the same benefits as metal braces. Moreover, these braces put pressure on the teeth from all directions. So in some cases, the results are even better than that of the traditional metal braces.
5. Composite Fillings
This erosion of teeth treatment aims to fill in the gaps between teeth. It uses a mixture of filler and teeth-colored resin material. You can have composite fillings if you have:
- tooth decay
- chipped tooth
- teeth erosion
- worn teeth
Composite fillings can cost anywhere between 1,000-6,500 INR. This cosmetic dental procedure involves the following steps:
- In case of tooth decay, the dentist would clean the tooth and properly shape the cavity.
- Your mouth would be rinsed with an etch to prepare your enamel for the next step.
- A bonding agent would be placed on your teeth and set with blue light. It helps in better adhesion of the filling to the teeth.
- Then the fillings of the composite layers would be added and set up by exposing them to blue light for 30 seconds.
- Finally, the teeth would be polished and washed.
Although not permanent, composite fillings are durable and can last up to 10-15 years. They help in reshaping the teeth, filling in the gaps between the teeth, and treating enamel erosion.
SmileXpertz Dental Clinic, Gurgaon, is accoutred with the latest technology and advanced dental equipment to aid numerous types of cosmetic dental treatments. We pride ourselves on providing the best and pain-free dental treatments with higher success rates. Our clinic has some of the best dentists across India with the highest qualifications and unmatched expertise in providing cosmetic dental treatments.
At SmileXpertz Dental Clinic, we highly value hygiene, patient safety, ethical code of conduct, and service. Visit our clinic to get the best quality dental treatment.